There are a number of ingrained ideas about the health and body of a person, which are considered the unconditional ultimate truth. Analyzing them from a scientific point of view, one can get to the bottom of amazing results. Namely, most of the existing facts are banal delusions.
1. The popular phrase about the non-recoverability of nerve cells is familiar even to a first grader. In fact, about seventy percent of neurons die in the womb. In the process of life, each person continues to lose nerve cells. Reducing their number does not harm the body. The process of dying is laid down by nature. The functions of dead colleagues are shifted to active neurons, which create new connections.
2. Researchers have not found a direct link between the appearance of gray hair and stress. According to doctors, the predisposition to a kind of silvering of hair, as well as its intensity, is inherent in a person at the genetic level.
The color of the curls provides a pigment called "melanin". When its production is reduced, the curls turn gray.
3. Literally speaking, vitamins are mistakenly considered pills for all kinds of diseases. Each organic compound performs a specific function. One part of the vitamins supports the flow of biochemical reactions, the second - mineral metabolism.
And so on. Of course, the positive effect of vitamins on the body cannot be denied. However, how to associate an imaginary recovery with them.
4. The notorious dogma about the body's need for eight hours of sleep is only partly true. It does not take into account individual characteristics.
If the resources of the body allow a person to recover in a short period, then a full night's rest can take less than eight hours. And vice versa. There is no universal answer to the question of sleep duration.
5. The misconception about almost narcotic addiction to sugar has become widespread after the experiment on laboratory rodents.
It took place in 2009. Researchers fed mice colossal amounts of addictive sugar. The repetition of the experiment in humans did not confirm the hypothesis.
6. Diverse theories about the dominance of one of the hemispheres of the brain - another lie. The contents of the cranium are entirely involved in the processes of the body. Although inflections towards one or another hemisphere are sometimes present.
Tales about the rationality of the mind of people with a more developed right side of the brain, as well as the creative streak of those who supposedly use the right side of the brain more often - a stereotype that was created by media would-be experts.
7. According to nutritionists, breakfast should be mandatory in the morning. Many parents follow them. But if a person, after waking up, stuffs his stomach through force, it is better to refuse breakfast. His presence in the daily routine cannot be called mandatory.
A better strategy is to listen to the needs of the body. Waking up with a feeling of hunger, be sure to refresh yourself. In situations where there is no morning appetite, you should not scoff at the digestive system.