Avocado is a very healthy and nutritious fruit, which contains many useful trace elements. What if you eat it every day?
1. Reduce the risk of heart disease . Heart problems often arise due to improper diet and lifestyle. Avocados are low in saturated fat and high in unsaturated fat, which are good for the cardiovascular system. Unsaturated fats in the diet can also help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and maintain HDL (good) cholesterol levels. In addition to good fats, avocados also contain a wide variety of nutrients, including antioxidants. This fruit can help prevent inflammation and oxidative stress in blood vessels while improving blood flow.
2. Helps to lose excess weight . Surprisingly, the more you eat it, the less you weigh, and not vice versa. Recent studies show that avocados help maintain a healthy body mass index (BMI). Avocados increase the feeling of fullness and reduce the desire to overeat. Each fruit contains about 14 grams of fiber, which helps to reduce the waistline.
3. The risk of cancer will decrease . Avocados fuel the body with numerous phytochemicals that may help prevent cancer. The fruit contains elements known to reduce the incidence of oral cancer. Some research suggests that there is a possibility that avocados may reduce the risk of breast and prostate cancer.
4. Skin and eye protection . Avocados contain several nutrients (carotenoids and lutein) that can slow down age-related vision loss and prevent possible visual impairment. In addition, the same nutrients protect our skin from UV rays, leaving it smooth and healthy.
5. Regulates blood pressure . Because avocados are a great source of potassium (even better than bananas, in fact), they can lower high blood pressure. Potassium, along with sodium, regulates the water and acid balance in the blood and tissues. Thus, for most people with high blood pressure, increasing potassium intake is a much more reliable way to lower blood pressure than reducing sodium intake. Potassium is also important for normal growth and muscle building.
6. Avocado is a superfood . Avocados are extremely nutritious, this particular fruit is a highly concentrated food, more like a nut than a fruit. Although avocados are high in calories, they are very high in B vitamins, in addition to vitamin B12. There is also some vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. As you already know, avocados are rich in potassium. In addition, the fruit contains many other minerals: magnesium, iron and manganese. For vegetarians who don't eat fatty foods, avocados can be a good source of essential oils.
7. Avocado is delicious and very versatile . In addition to being very healthy and nutritious, avocados are also very tasty and go well with various foods. They are commonly used in salads, sauces such as guacamole, and in sandwiches. When choosing an avocado, be sure to check the maturity: the fruits should give in to gentle pressure, but they should not be without dents, they symbolize overripeness. If you are still unlucky enough to buy an unripe avocado, leave it for a couple of days in a dark place, and it will ripen quietly. Ripe avocados can be refrigerated for four to five days, unripe avocados will never ripen if refrigerated. After slicing, you can brush the flesh with lime or lemon juice to prevent browning. Enjoy!