The body is able to recover even after the most crushing blows. Smoking is one of the meanest hookups. However, repair of damaged and deformed systems is still possible. Positive shifts begin in just half a day after defeating addiction.
1. A quarter of a day after quitting smoking, the body begins to be saturated with oxygen molecules. That is how much time is needed for the concentration of all kinds of poisons in the blood to begin to slowly decrease. Toxins that entered the body along with tobacco smoke begin to lose power. Soon, the heart of a former smoker stops working for total wear and tear, because the key muscle of the human body no longer has to work for two, uninterruptedly providing oxygen to all body systems.
2. After three days, the ex-smoker has an amazing feeling - it begins to seem that deep in the bowels of the brain, a certain anonymous person has increased the contrast and brightness of the perception of the surrounding world. Approximately seventy-two hours are required for the body to repair the sense of taste and smell deformed by cigarette smoke. And if you trust the results of recent studies, then in three days the changes will affect not only the nose and oral cavity. Visual acuity, which was blocked by toxins entering the body, will improve by five to six percent.
3. Dramatic changes will come about a month and a half after the final cigarette. It takes the body as much as six weeks to get rid of the annoying cough. After the same amount of time, the ex-smoker will almost completely forget about nasal congestion, shortness of breath and fatigue. In the first two weeks alone, lung function will improve by twenty to thirty percent. An unprecedented growth of cilia of epithelial tissue will begin there, which will increase the efficiency of self-cleaning.
4. Closer to the fourth month of life without cigarette smoke, the stimulation of hair follicles increases by almost half. In other words, the risk of losing chic curls is reduced. Or their remains, if baldness has already occurred. In any case, closer to thirty years, smokers can no longer boast of chic hair.
5. Three-quarters of a year after the final cigarette, the risk of cardiovascular disease is halved compared to representatives of the army of thousands of heavy smokers. However, in order to completely repair the circulatory system, the body will have to go through a ten-year path of stabilization. And this is only if the former smoker refused not only tobacco smoke, but also the use of strong drinks.
6. The first overarching victory in the battle to restore health occurs about twelve months after the last puff of a cigarette. If an ex-smoker quit smoking before the age of forty, then in a year he equalizes the chances of overcoming average death rates with those who have never touched cigarettes. Positive changes - although not so rosy - will also affect people who said goodbye to addiction at a more respectable age.